Each year, the Senior High youth of Grace First get together for a week of fun, fellowship, and service. This year we have decided to partner with Appalachia Service Project (ASP). For the past 48 years ASP has repaired and rebuilt 17,866 homes with the help of 393,643 volunteers. We are excited to be part of this ministry and see what adventure awaits us in Kentucky! For more information on ASP click here: ASP HOME
This year 15 youth from our church have decided to spend a week of their summer helping rebuild homes for those less fortunate.Even though some of them are getting ready for their first year of college, and some are entering their senior year of high school these youths have chosen to take up Christ’s call to go out into the world and love it through word and deeds.
We would love for you to be part of this mission trip! Ways to help:
- More than anything keep the youth and the trip in prayer. We want these youth to be impacted in such a way that their lives are transformed.
- Stay connected! If you have not already done so, please join out Facebook group to stay up to date on all of our events through posts and pictures!
- Stay alert for our Dinner and Silent Auction Fundraising Night!
TYPICAL SUMMER WORK WEEK WITH ASP
- 3:00 p.m. Arrive at your center, register, meet other groups.
- 4 – 5 p.m. Staff meets with group leaders to: Discuss the center and community explain the home assignments
- 5 p.m. Evening Gathering
- 6 p.m. Dinner
- 7 p.m. Group leaders/staff travel to meet families
- 11 p.m. Lights-out; rest for a wonderful experience tomorrow
Monday – Friday
- 6:30 – 8 a.m. Rise and shine, devotions, breakfast
- 8:30 – 4:30 Work day with lunch break at noon at the site.
- 5 – 6 p.m. Clean up and make an inventory of supplies needed for the next day.
- 6 – 7 p.m. Dinner
- 7 – 10 p.m. Center clean-up; Evening Gathering (a time of fellowship, reflection, sharing, singing, playing, sometimes with a guest speaker, local musician, artist, or other special event); team time; staff and group leaders discuss details of the day’s work; free time.
- 10:30-11 p.m. Quiet time
- 11:00 p.m. Lights out
- 7 – 10 a.m. Groups depart. No breakfast provided