Explorer’s / Inquirer’s Class
A New Member Class @ Grace First
The journey of faith is an adventure.
When starting out on a journey, we cannot know every detail of what we will encounter and experience on our way.
We trust God’s promises now and throughout history.
As we set out on our journey, God equips us with gifts of God’s spirit to serve Christ in our community and world. God gives us faith, which is “the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen.” (Hebrews 11:1)
No matter where you are in your journey of faith – whether you are new to the Christian faith, seeking or questioning, or if you are desire a deeper faith – you are invited to participate in our Explorer’s/Inquirer’s Class.
In this class, you will learn more about the beliefs and governance of the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.); the mission, purpose, and core values of the Grace First Family; as well as exploring your own faith journey.
There is no obligation to join after attending the class.
To learn more about the beliefs of the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) of which we are a part, you may visit – https://pma.pcusa.org/ministries/101/who-are-we/
Also, our Core Values at Grace First are critical to our identity and purpose as a family of faith, which you can read here – http://www.gracefirst.org/welcome/vision/
Saturday, January 13, 2018
from 9:00AM – 12:00PM
WHAT IT MEANS TO BE A MEMBER
- Accepting Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.
- Trusting in Christ.
- Intend to be Christ’s disciple as Presbyterian.
- Commit to Living in HOPE.
- Be a faithful member of this congregation, giving time, talent, and treasure to support our mission, and stay in fellowship with us.
WAYS TO JOIN
- Profession of Faith – if you have never joined a church before, you may or may not be baptized
- Reaffirmation of Faith – you have joined a church previously, but no longer attend
- Letter of Transfer – currently belong to corresponding church and are transferring membership
NEXT STEPS IF YOU JOIN
- Fill out a Membership Form
- Fill out a pledge card
- Meet with the Session (which is similar to a Board of Directors of an organization)
- Make profession of faith in worship on Sunday, February 12, 2017 at either 9AM or 11AM service or another Sunday following the class that works best for all who desire to join the church
Begin a new life of HOPE in fellowship with us today!